Answers for all your queries related to US Immigration. To set up a consultation with our attorneys, Click here!
Intracompany Transferees L1 Visa

L-1B Intracompany Transferees - Specialized Knowledge

A foreign person is allowed to enter the U.S. temporarily to work in the U.S. as a Specialized Knowledge Employee of an international company. In order to qualify for a temporary work visa as an L-1B Intracompany Specialized Knowledge transferee, the alien must:

  • Within the 3 years preceding the time of the application for admission into the U.S. , been employed abroad for the overseas company, affiliate or subsidiary, continuously for one year;
  • Work for a company that is an international company doing business in the U.S. ;
  • Have been employed abroad in a position requiring specialized knowledge of a product or process of the company;
  • Be coming to the U.S. to work for the company in position requiring specialized knowledge;
  • Be qualified for the specialized knowledge position based on education and experienced gained prior to employment with the company; and
  • Intend to depart at the completion of their stay.

To determine if you are eligible for an L-1B Intracompany Specialized Knowledge transferee, as a qualified employee of a qualified international company, please contact our office for a consultation.

«« back
Login to Emaximm
"I wanted to let you know that you and your team are doing a terrific job. With the Immigration dates becoming current, I am sure there is a lot of work. Amidst all ... . " »»

Emaxim - US Immigration Software