Answers for all your queries related to US Immigration. To set up a consultation with our attorneys, Click here!
J1 Exchange Visitor Visa

J-1 Exchange-Visitor Visa

Persons who seek to enter the U.S. as part of an Exchange-Visitor Program must first obtain a J-1 Visa. In order to qualify for the J-1 visa, the person must:

  • Be a bona fide student, scholar, trainee, teacher, professor, research assistant, specialist, or leader in a field of specialized knowledge or skill, or other person of similar description;
  • Intend to come temporarily to the United States as a participant in an exchange program designated by the Director of the United States Information Agency;
  • Enter for the purpose of teaching, instructing or lecturing, studying, observing, conducting research, consulting, demonstrating special skills, or receiving training; and
  • Maintain a residence in a foreign country with no intent of abandoning.

To determine if you are eligible for a J-1 Exchange-Visitor Visa, as a participant in an approved exchange program, please contact our office for a consultation.

«« back
Login to Emaximm
"I wanted to let you know that you and your team are doing a terrific job. With the Immigration dates becoming current, I am sure there is a lot of work. Amidst all ... . " »»

Emaxim - US Immigration Software